Skip to main navigation.

Connect My Utilities

Graham County Electric Cooperative, Inc. (GCEC) and Graham County Utilities, Inc. (GCU) are pleased to provide safe and reliable Electric, Gas, and Water utility services.  To determine if your address is in our electric service territory, please refer to the electric Service Territory Map.  For gas or water utility service territories, please contact our office at 928.485.2451 extension 8662.
The steps to connect an existing service are listed below:


STEP 1:  Read “Membership Agreement” and “Customer Owned Buried Pipeline Notice”. (Located in "Utility Service Application" below)

STEP 2:  Complete and Sign “Utility Service Application”.

STEP 3:  Attach a copy of a photo id such as a driver’s license for each applicant.

STEP 4:  Attach a copy of the rental/lease or purchase agreement.

STEP 5:  Submit application and other documents in person or electronically at the (Submit Tab).

STEP 6:  Co-op will run a credit check to determine deposit requirements and contact the applicant with results.  (Green Light-deposit waived; Yellow Light-minimum deposit {Electric: $250, Gas: $100, Water: $100: Pima Sewer $50}; Red Light-max deposit of two times (2x) the average monthly bill or minimum deposit, whichever is greater.)

STEP 7:  Pay any applicable fees including deposits and $5 memberships in advance.  The following service connect charges will be added to your first utility bill: (Electric $10, Gas $30, Water $20).  Additional fees may be required for after-hours service.  The total amount required and payment options will be discussed with Customer Service Department after the credit check process is complete.

STEP 8:  Utility service will usually be connected the next business day after all fees have been paid.  Normal business hours are Monday - Thursday (7:00 am - 5:30 pm) excluding holidays.  You may be required to turn on the main electric breaker or water valve after service is connected.  If applicable, you may be required to schedule a gas connect appointment with Customer Service Department to allow the co-op to access your home or business to ignite pilot lights for appliances such as a water heater, stove, or furnace.

Contact the Customer Service Department at (928) 485-2451 Opt.4 for any questions.

Utility Service Application  (This PDF document is a fillable form.  Depending upon your computer settings, it may be necessary to open the file using a different viewer such as Adobe Acrobat.  Make sure to save the completed form to your computer and use the "Submit" Tab to send the document electronically.  If you are unable to complete and sign the form electronically then you may also print the form and complete by hand.  The document can then be scanned and submitted electronically by going to the "Submit" Tab.)

Deposit Requirements

For new construction the following additional steps may be required:

STEP 1:  Contact the office (928) 485-2451 and schedule an appointment to get a cost estimate to have a new electric, gas, or water service constructed.  A construction supervisor will usually meet you on site to discuss your request for utility service.  An "Aid to Construction" estimate will be generated and are usually valid for up to 60 days.  When setting up an appointment, please be prepared to provide as much information as possible such as a plat map, service requirements, address and/or parcel information, contact information, etc.

STEP 2:  Pay the required "Aid to Construction" invoice and complete all necessary paperwork including any main line extension agreements and easement forms.  Depending upon work load scheduling and the scope of the project, construction will usually be completed in 2 or 3 weeks after all required paperwork has been completed and the invoice has been paid.

STEP 3:  Once the meter has been set and steps 1-8 above (Utility Service & Membership Application Process) are complete then service can be activated.

GCEC Easement Form

GCU Easement Form



Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo