Company Hire Date: 2020
GCEC Member Since: 2018
GCU Member Since: 2018
Arizona Cyber Threat Response Alliance (ACTRA) Executive Board – (2013 - present)
Education: - Bachelor of Science Business Administration (Western International University)
Career: - USMC
- Denver International Airport (1992-1995)
- Retired as the Director of Technology Central Arizona Project (1996-2019)
- Assistant General Manager ( February 2020 to January 2021)
- CEO/General Manager (January 2021 to present)
Family: He and his wife Becky have 3 daughters, 1 son and 1 grandchild
Administrative Services Manager/CFO
Company Hire Date: 2007
Admin. Services Hire Date: 2016
CFO Designation Date: 2018
GCEC Member Since: 2007
GCU Member Since: 2007
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Cooperatives day-to-day accounting functions. Manages the month-end and year-end financial statement, closing process and coordinates financial audits. Manages all administrative departments.
Education: - Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (Arizona State University)
Career: - GCEC Office Manager (2007-2016)
- UPS Operations and Finance Supervisor (1999-2007)
Family: He and his wife Anetta have 6 children.
Hire Date: January 1991
Operations Manager: January 2017
GCEC Member since: 1997
GCU Member since: 1997
- Manage Operations for Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Oversee Distribution Substations
- Oversee all Contractor work and Special Projects
- Journeyman Lineman
- Graduate of Thatcher High School
- Attended Eastern Arizona College & Central Arizona College
- Gas crew and certified welder (1991)
- 3 year Lineman Apprenticeship (1992 to 1995)
- Line Foreman (1997 to 2007)
- Assistant Line Superintendent and Line Superintendent (2007 to 2016)
He and his wife Brenda have 4 children and 6 grandchildren
Trent Bingham-Line Superintendent and Electric Department (Line Crew)
The electric department (Line Crew) is managed by Trent Bingham (Electric System Superintendent), with Myles Ray and Mitch Brown as crew foremen. Trent started with the coop in 2001 as a journeyman lineman. Myles Ray began his career in 1993, with Mitch Brown starting in 2006. There are primarily two Line Crews which are on call 24/7. The primary responsibility of the Line Crew is to "keep the lights on" for all Cooperative members. All employees in the electric department take great pride in their work as they construct and maintain electric distribution lines all over Graham County. They must do this in a safe and efficient manner. No matter what the weather conditions are, you can be assured that the Line Crew is dedicated to restoring power as soon as possible. The line crews consist of: Trent, Myles, Mitch, Ryan, Victor, Jacob, Chris H, Shane, Jesus, Kendall, Fernando, Preston, Chris O, Garrett, Juan, and Mike.
Water Department Crew
Ethan Estes serves as Interim Water Superintendent. While there are a limited number of employees that work in the water department, they have the big responsibility of constructing and maintaining water lines located in many parts of Graham County. Safe and reliable water service is the number one priority. You can be assured that our water department will be there to respond to any water emergency and restore service in a timely manner. The water crew consists of: (L-R) David, Quentin, Manny, and Keegan.
Randy Hawkins-Supervisor & Meter Department
The meter department is headed up by Randy Hawkins (Meter Department Supervisor & Purchasing Agent). Prior to starting his career with GCEC in 1989, Randy had worked for Graham Utilities since 1988. It takes a lot of work to read over 15,000 electric, gas, and water meters located all over Graham County each month but this is what our meter department does. The department is also responsible for changing out old meters and other service work such as meter testing, disconnects and reconnects. They also look to make sure that your utility service is working as it should. Each employee takes great pride in making sure that the readings are accurate and timely. The meter department includes: (L-R) Julie, Jason, Lynette, Randy, Briana, James and Jeannie (not pictured).
Kim Larkey-Office Manager & Office Staff
The office staff is managed by Kim Larkey (Office Manager). Kim was raised in the Gila Valley and joined GCEC in 2015 after retiring from the City of Safford for 38 years. Some of the responsibilities of the office include billing, payment processing, member services (connect & disconnect service), accounts payable, payroll, accounting, regulatory compliance, human resources, after-hours dispatch and many other duties. It's amazing the number of "hats" that we all wear as part of the office staff but we do it with great pride and appreciation to all our members for supporting us as your electric and water distribution cooperative. The office staff includes: (L-R) LaDawn, Kim, Francyne, Ann, Tracy, April, Jody, and Chelsea.
Diane Junion - Administrative Assistant and Communications Manager
Diane Junion provides administrative assistance to the Board of Directors and Management Team. She develops, manages and coordinates communications plans and programs including publications, media, audio/video production, maintains the social media platforms, cooperative website and coordinates special cooperative events. Visit the coops social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for safety tips and energy efficiency information.
J. Grant Walker, Attorney at Law
Areas of Practice
Extensive experience in Estate Planning; Probate; Personal Injury; Business contracting; Commercial transactions; Real estate; Real estate finance; and Landlord/Tenant litigation.
- Juris Doctor, Brigham Young University Law School. Graduated Cum Laude in April, 1981, Full Tuition Merit Scholarship. BYU Law Review Article Editor.
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Brigham Young University. Graduated summa cum laude (GPA 3.96 on 4.0 scale) as Valedictorian of the College of Humanities.
- Owner, J. Grant Walker, PLLC, (January 1, 2013 - Present)
- Equity Shareholder, Jackson White, P.C., (Jan. 1996 – Dec. 2012)
- Partner, Kempton, Jarvis, Decker, Jenkins & Walker, Mesa, Arizona, (1989 - 1995)
- Associate with Ryley, Carlock & Applewhite, Phoenix, Arizona, (1986 - 1989)
- Associate, Wentworth & Lundin, Phoenix, Arizona, (1981 - 1986)
- Founder and President of Families Helping Families, Inc., an Arizona non-profit corporation, dedicated to aiding families and individuals in the Third World. Leader of 16 week-long international service missions to Honduras and Mexico.
- Co-founder of the BIT service-for-education business school movement.
- Former Chairman of the Board of One Life At A Time – Esparanza, a 501(c)(3) charity that currently operates BIT business schools in Central America.
Married to Victoria Pier Walker, 11 children. Interests include church and community service, and international travel.
Hire Date-February 7, 2022
Coop Member Since 2008
Dustin maintains all the fleet vehicles and equipment for Graham County Electric Coop. He performs all the vehicle and equipment repairs, including hydraulics. He maintains the appropriate fleet records.
Dustin has certifications and training in the following:
- JLG Electrical & Hydraulic
- Man Lift & Scissor Lift
- Process Measurement Instrumentation 1
- ARC & Oxy Acetylene Welding
- Process Control Instrumentation
- Fire Fighter 1 & 2
- CDL-Class A
Dustin has experience with vehicle inspections, hydraulic systems, diagnostics, electrical systems, along with small and large engine repair. He has most recently worked as a service technician at United Rental.
Dustin and his wife Jenny both grew up in the Gila Valley and are the proud parents of 4 children.